Here are three projects that take distant reading approaches of various kinds:
Select one of the projects and familiarize yourself with it. Answer the following questions:
- What is their object of study? What is their corpus?
- What research questions are they interested in answering?
- What methodologies do they use?
- Select one visualization from the project. Screenshot it, and explain what is going on in the image.
- What do you think about the project? What are some questions that you have about it? What interests you about it?
These projects may incorporate methodologies, tools, or programming languages that we have not covered in this book. Don't worry! You are not expected to understand everything.